Thursday, August 19, 2010

St. Louis Cardinals Baseball Boys

I am behind on the blogging as usual.....but our summer has been jammed packed with so much fun there has been no time to document it! Baseball season was busy this year with all the boys playing and on the same nights....and with Steve coaching the little ones and wanting to be at Austin's games it was a juggling act for sure. We managed and it was fun. Although sometimes it was painful to watch the little ones not mine of course but the other kids play or attempt to play baseball, I have good memories.
Steve was such a great coach, he truly has a way with children, much more patience than I could have had...I am too competitive and they frustrate me with their carefree pick the clovers in the grass out fielding!


I am just wondering what Kaden was thinking.....
"should I look up at the ball or keep my eyes on the bag?, what did Dad say again?, Mom, I am thirsty, when are we getting treats? Oh here comes the ball I think!"  


He sure has a hard act to follow with his older brothers and he wanted to take on that challenge with his hitting.  He pounded that plate at least 3 times and cleared off all the dirt prior to any swinging action.
Colton and another neighborhood boy were on the same team, they both have high school age brothers who play baseball and it showed, these little boys played ball very differently than the other kids.  They were in the car on the first game night and I could hear them chatting in the back, Riley, "do you like the Red Soxs? Colton, "No they are WEAK, I like the Yankees"....WEAK, that is not a word in the vocab of a normal 7 year old!  All the boys were dressed to the nines with their gear, from batting gloves to sliding shorts.....if Colton could keep the cup in his pants, he would have worn that too!  Until next year.....I will miss baseball season.  


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Boswella said...

I was laughing out loud at this blog! How much fun to watch them play and interact with each other. Love it :)

Love Mom